About MarTek Limited
About MarTek Limited:
- Growing company founded in 2004
- Offers 3 product lines: Chicken Switch®, RakTek®, and LongArm® MCC operators
- Over 40 products are available and there’s more in design/prototyping
- Products are sold in all 50 states and 12 countries
- Products are made in the USA
- Most products are protected by one or more patents owned by MarTek Limited
- When possible, MarTek sources components that are made in the USA including: control cables, gear motors, carrying cases, custom injection molded parts, contract machining, circuit board manufacturing and assembly
- Employs modern design and manufacturing processes including CAD/CAM, 3D Printing, CNC machining and forming and finite stress analysis
- Sells products direct as well as through most major electrical suppliers
- MarTek Limited is an equal opportunity employer
- Responsive, Ethical, Team-Oriented
“Necessity is the mother of invention”… it’s more than just a cliché. It is truly the story of the beginning of MarTek.
In 2003, while working for a major chemical company, Charlie McClung the founder of MarTek Limited, recognized the need for a simple way to remotely operate circuit breaker control switches. After searching unsuccessfully for such a tool, he went to work to design one himself.
In early-2004, MarTek Limited was incorporated and began manufacturing the CS01 Chicken Switch. Charlie’s good friend and former co-worker, Russ Safreed, was giving input on the final design and performing the first field tests of the unit. In the fall of 2004 MarTek began marketing the device.
In 2009, Charlie left the chemical company to devote himself full-time to MarTek Limited. In 2010, Russ resigned from his employment to join the company as co-owner.
About MarTek’s products:
- PPE may be inadequate for the incident energy. Our products get people out of harm’s way.
- Provide an economical means of remotely operating switchgear
- Are an instantaneous solution compared to a capital project to install permanent remote controls; which is expensive and time consuming.
- Products are highly portable – one unit may be used for several breakers.
- No modification to the owner’s equipment is necessary.